Saw Dodol (Welithalapa) is a sweet,delicious food specially made for Sinhala & Tamil New Year Season in Sri Lanka. Find detail recipe below.
- 2 lbs Rice flour
- 4 cups thick Coconut milk
- 4 cups kithul or Coconut trealce
- 2 tsp Salt
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt thoroughly.
- Add a little coconut milk to the flour and mix the flour forms into small balls like beads. Do not add water.
- Cover and steam the flour beads for about 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from the steamer and separate the flour beads and set aside.
- Boil the treacle and coconut milk in a large saucepan and add the flour beads while stirring.
- Keep stirring the mixture until oil starts to separate.
- Remove from heat .
- Transfer into a greased dish and shape into a block.
- Cut into a pieces of any shape.