Get your grains by adding barley to this hearty salad.
- 1 c. pearled barley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 c. baby spinach
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 baby chioggia (striped) or yellow beets, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. chopped toasted walnuts
- Smoky Paprika Vinaigrette
- Cook barley in boiling salted water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until tender, 24 to 26 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water until cool.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Rub pork with oil and season with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, turning occasionally, until the internal temperature registers 145°F, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove to a plate and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Toss together spinach, radishes, beets, scallions, carrots, walnuts, barley, and vinaigrette in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sliced pork.
- To make the smoky paprika vinaigrette, whisk together ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup red wine vinegar, 1 ½ tablespoons honey, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, and 1 ¼ teaspoons smoked paprika.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.